When the summer months are pretty much over, you know Christmas will soon be on its way. For most families the festive season tends to be the busiest time of year so you’ll probably want your home looking its best. As autumn turns into winter, it’s time to think about all of those odd jobs and home improvements that need to be done.
Ordering new soft furnishings has always been popular especially with free delivery before Christmas while making larger, more permanent changes is also a good idea. Maybe you want to create more space in your home, have new windows and doors installed or replace that old boiler. Having new windows, doors or a boiler will certainly help to lower those dreaded winter heating bills.
If you have family and friends visiting this Christmas or feel more comfortable and relaxed, here are some home improvement ideas.
- Simple paint jobs – while it’s still relatively warm and dry, try and find time to get those paint jobs done. Whether it’s exterior window panes, the garage door or interior features, you’ll be happy once they are out of the way.
- Clean the gutters – OK it’s not the most glamorous job in the world, but cleaning the gutters will pay off big time. Essential home maintenance like gutter cleaning will prevent problems and blockages like the build-up of autumn leaves.
- Check your boiler – when was the last time you checked your boiler? If you’re not sure about it, get a professional to carry out a winter boiler check. The last thing you want is to be without hot water or heating over the cold winter months.
- Security windows – another home improvement to consider for the Christmas period is the installation of new high security windows. It’s important to be safe and secure at any time of the year, especially at Christmas. Not only will high security UPVC windows help to keep out intruders, they also prevent heat loss, reduce external noise and look great. You can also get 50% off our uPVC windows for a limited time only! For more information visit our website.
- Home security alarms – unfortunately Christmas is also a busy time of year for burglars and opportunist thieves. Many householders suffer break-ins and thefts. Upping your home’s security with an alarm will add another preventative measure to your property. You will then have peace of mind that your home has an extra layer of protection and an extremely effective deterrent to potential thieves and vandals.
Time to spruce up
As Christmas approaches, don’t forget the smaller jobs like sprucing up your driveway and front garden. It’s one of the first things your guests will see. To make a good impression, make sure they are both in good order.
Don’t forget curtains and blinds. Buying new curtains and blinds is an easy, effective home improvement tip. They don’t have to cost a fortune, shop around for a pre-Christmas bargain. Colourful curtains and blinds will also make your home feel much cosier during the winter and festive season.